Date: October 30, 2014
Title: Explore the latest enhancements to the IBM DataPower Gateway platform
Time: 11 am US Eastern
Navigate the latest enhancements to the IBM DataPower Gateway platform and get tips from the IBM DataPower experts behind these new features. Learn how new capabilities provide additional flexibility to meet business requirements, as well as enhanced security for web, mobile and API workloads.
Delve into the deeper details of how IBM DataPower Gateway simplifies your infrastructure and provides a single platform to deliver features that support web, mobile, API, SOA, B2B and cloud workloads. Get tips to:
- Enhance deployment flexibility to meet business requirements
- Increase performance for processing mission-critical transactions across web, mobile, API, web services, B2B and cloud workloads
- Provide stronger security capabilities for web, mobile and API transactions
Date: November 6, 2014
Title: Jumpstart your IoT projects with the IBM IoT Foundation
Time: 11 am US Eastern
There’s a lot of buzz around the Internet of Things (IoT), but how do companies actually get value out of their IoT devices? Attend this webcast to find out about the newly launched IBM Internet of Things (IoT) Foundation. Get the lowdown on how this service empowers developers to quickly and easily:
- Extend Internet-connected devices like sensors or controllers into the cloud
- Build an application alongside the device to collect the data
- Compose analytics applications, visualization dashboards, and mobile IoT apps that deliver real-time insights back to the business
- Register, connect, and secure devices
- Store and access historic data
Join us on this webcast to learn more about IBM’s latest IoT initiative, and how to get a 30-day free trial and access to the no-charge Quickstart, a way to send a single device’s data to the IoT Foundation to visualize in a browser.
November 13, 2014Title:
Optimizing App Development to IBM WebSphereTime:
12 pm US Eastern Register
For WebSphere administrators, management of IBM WebSphere Application Server in the face of a business drive to deliver features faster and faster raises considerations: how to handle WebSphere configuration settings required by applications; things work in development but break down in QA; too many people need to be given access too quickly.
Attend this webcast to learn how to allow developers to get their applications running in WAS—but still maintain complete control of the environment as an administrator. Understand how to free IT from manual WebSphere scripting and empower staff with ways to create transferable deployment packages of configuration and code. See how these packages are key to a strategy of self-service app deployment and application-specific configuration—a strategy that captures the full potential of WAS.
Examine the tactics that can support reasoned, balanced management of the WAS environment, tactics such as:
- How to allow developers to automatically deploy their applications and configuration to test and QA environments—yet ensure that their self-service doesn’t extend to the entire WebSphere console or the target systems
- How to manage and deploy shared configurations such as security policies, JDBC providers and more in an automated way
- How to quickly compare configurations of entire WebSphere installations to easily detect and rectify configuration drift across environments
- How support new target platforms such as IBM PureSystems and BlueMix from the same deployment platform, with the same audit, access control, reporting and configuration management